It is an international document that has been legislated by the United Nations in accordance with international agreements on the regulation of road traffic. It allows its holder to drive outside his country of residence as it is issued on the basis of a local driver's license that qualifies its holder to drive. This license is not valid for driving in the issuing country.
1. The local driver's license must be valid for at least one year.
2. The issuance of the international license is limited to citizens of the country or residents only.
3. The license is valid for one year only from the date of issue.
• legally and safely driving in other countries.
• Avoiding being under liability in front of the authorities or incurring fines.
• The license is demanded from the customer if he wants to rent a car.
• It is issued in ten languages: English, Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, German, Italian,
Scandinavian and Portuguese languages.
• It is a way to overcome the language barrier between the drivers and the police.
• The possibility of using it as an identification card in case of losing the passport.
The required documents:
• A copy of the passport.
• A copy of the national driving license.
• A personal photo.
To obtain the service, all you have to do is to go to the Middle East Automobile and Tourism Club or one of its branches or agents located in many cities inside and outside the country.