It is an international document that was legislated by the United Nations in accordance with the international agreements signed by most of the countries of the world. This document is issued based on a local driving license, and its duration is one Gregorian year
You will receive the International Driving License Card, which is valid for one year from the date of issuance. It is presented in the form of a booklet with a sticker (in the form of international visas) and a special plastic card with security marks that are difficult to forge. It is similar in size to the passport and it is translated into several languages.
It is an international document that grants temporary customs exemption to car owners who want to travel by their cars outside their countries for a temporary period, provided that the car gets out of the host country after the expiration of this period.
Customs passbook has no relation to insurance, it is just a way that allows its holder to enter the car to the host country under the approval to accept the book according to the international customs agreement relating to cars.
The motor vehicle storage are huge warehouse for storing cars, in which the cars that carry the passbook are stored in it as their owners want to store them instead of returning them to their home country.
• Anyone who enters Egypt with an expired passbook and wants to get his Vehicle out of Egypt and return it back can benefit from the lots to store his Vehicle for a similar period to its duration of stay in Egypt, then he can enter it to Egypt without the need to return it outside Egypt.
• The owner of the Vehicle, who is willing to pay the customs fees for the clearance of the Vehicle, can store it while he ends the customs clearance procedures and pays the full fees.
• A letter of approval to store the vehicle from the Egyptian customs
• Passport copy
• A copy of the passbook
• Vehicle ownership license
• A copy of the agency if he is driving the Vehicle by proxy and he is not the original owner.